Your membership is very important to us! We are constantly striving to better serve our members with programs and resources. Membership will entitle you to a full year of benefits, including:
- Article submission to the NETC NEWS
- Member rates at our Annual Convention
- Subscription to the acclaimed New England Theatre Journal
- An invitation to apply to our Annual Theatre Auditions at the member rate
- Job postings and community calendar listings on the NETC Web Site
- Eligibility to participate in the John Gassner Playwriting Award Competition
- Eligibility to participate in the Harris Playwriting Award Competition
- Eligibility to participate in the Moss Hart Award Competition
- Access to the online Membership directory
- The opportunity to become involved in the organization as a volunteer, director, or committee member on the Board.
Join The NETC Now!
You can join the NETC immediately by using our online membership application form.
- NETC NEWS
- The NETC NEWS is written and published for members of
the New England Theatre Conference, Inc. and interested enthusiasts
throughout New England and beyond. The online publication keeps members up-to-date
on the latest in organizational and regional news.
Visit our Newsletter archive to read past issues of NETC News.
Get the word out! Find out how to advertise in NETC News.
- New England Theatre Journal (NETJ)
- The New England Theatre Journal continues our tradition of academic excellence. Published annually in late fall, the NETJ is approximately 125-150 pages in length. It includes articles on a broad range of subjects, including traditional scholarship, performance theory, and pedagogy, as well as theatre performance, design and technology. Distribution includes teachers, administrators, and professionals, as well as academic institutions and community theatres. The journal is distributed to members of the New England Theatre Conference as a benefit of membership, as well as to subscribers.
- Annual Theatre Auditions
- The NETC Annual Theatre Auditions (March, each year) provide approximately 1000 individuals the opportunity to audition for Equity and Non-Equity summer and year-round theatres, professional theatre training programs, theme parks, festivals, dinner theatres, touring companies, outdoor drama companies, and casting agents. Performers, producers, directors, musical directors and technicians are all welcome to apply. As a benefit of membership, NETC members apply at the member rate.
- NETC Web Site
- Visit our dynamic website, where you can find new publications, news, and information, at www.netconline.org. Group members may post audition and production notices, job postings and link to their web sites at our online community calendar page.
- NETC Resource Directory
- The online NETC Resource Directory gives you access to fellow members who can provide experienced advice and referrals, mentoring, and employment opportunities.
- Get Involved!
- A membership to NETC provides you with the opportunity to become involved in the organization as a volunteer, director, or committee member on the Board.
Hurry, join NETC and participate in these enriching competitions:
- John Gassner Playwriting Award Competition
- The John Gassner Playwriting Award Competition fosters new playwrights and scripts through this important competition established by Molly Gassner, wife of theatre historian John Gassner. The Award was created in 1967 to honor the late John Gassner (1903-1967) for his lifetime dedication to all aspects of professional and academic theatre. Two cash prizes will be awarded: First Prize of $1000, and Second Prize of $500. The judges may withhold prizes if in their opinion no play merits the award. Only full-length scripits are accepted. A staged reading of the prize-winning scripts, or of selected scenes from those scripts followed by a discussion, may be given at the annual NETC Convention in November or on another occasion. See More
- Aurand Playwriting Award Competition
- The Aurand Harris Playwriting Award Competition fosters new playwrights and scripts written for young audiences. The Award was created in 1997 to honor the late Aurand Harris (1915-1996) for his lietime dedication to all aspects of professional theatre for yound audiences. Two cash prizes will be awarded: First Prize of $1000, and Second Prize of $500. The judges may withhold prizes if in their opinion no play merits the award. Only full-length scripits are accepted. A staged reading of the prize-winning scripts may be given, followed by critique and discussion. See More
- Moss Hart Award Competition
- The Moss Hart Award Competition continues the tradition of theatre excellence through play production that dignify the human condition. The annual Moss Hart Memorial Award has a two-fold purpose: to honor the memory of Moss Hart, dramatist and director, for his wit and sensitivity, for his unconquerable enthusiasm for life and for his work in the theatre; and to recognize and encourage outstanding theatrical productions throughout New England of playscripts that present affirmative views of human courage and dignity, that have strong literary and artistic merit, and which in their productions, exemplify fresh, imaginative, creative treatment within the intent of the playwright. The New England Theatre Conference, in making the annual Moss Hart Memorial Award, seeks to encourage artistic growth and the highest standards of excellence in theatre. Each year a major award and divisional awards are presented. See More