The 22nd Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwrighting Award
A CONTEST FOR NEW FULL-LENGTH PLAYS for YOUNG AUDIENCES ENTRY DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2020 WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT: OCTOBER 2020
This award was created in 1997 to honor the late Aurand Harris (1915-1996) for his lifetime dedication to all aspects of professional theatre for young audiences.
A panel of judges named by the NETC Executive Board will administer this award. A staged reading of the prize-winning scripts will be held along with the Annual Excellence in Theatre Awards ceremony.
RULES OF ENTRY
- The contest is open to all playwrights and is for new full-length plays for young audiences. No musicals nor plays targeted at adult audiences
- All plays will be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plays submitted to the contest must not have been
- previously published
- submitted to NETC’s Gassner Playwriting Contest
- previously produced by a professional or Equity company.
- Plays submitted which have had workshop productions or staged readings are eligible and encouraged.
- Plays submitted to this contest may have been submitted to another playwriting contest, and may have previously won a prize or an award in another contest. However, such plays must not have been published or professionally produced and must not be under option for publication or professional production.
- Playwrights may submit only one play to the contest in one year.
The play must be submitted, along with:
- a statement that the play will not have been published or professionally produced as of May 1, 2020, and that it is not under option for publication or professional production and will not be under such option as of May 1, 2020.
- a list of the play’s workshop and non-professional productions, if any, and awards received, if any.
- ALL manuscripts and enclosures must be emailed to: email@example.com
- Only manuscripts submitted electronically will be considered.
- Plays that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.